April 23, 2009

The Trip Begins!

My face is sore from a plentiful amount of sun, smiling and laughter. It's just been a few of those days that you really cherish. Here's what's happened:

Marina and I have begun our first trip together overseas.





















I was honoured to be one of the groomsmen and the M.C. at my friends Rob and Alex's beautiful wedding on Lake Como, Italy.










And I just spent an amazing day, boating with Rob and his two other groomsmen, Mike and Pete, around one of the most beautiful places I've visited.







Now I'm on the train to Milan, where I'll meet up again with Marina this evening. She went off ahead of me to explore the city today.


We started with our malaria pills this morning, and I find that oddly exciting. It means that tomorrow we fly to Ghana! Incredible!


I feel like I've had fresh life breathed into me, and I'm ready for the challenge and adventure of the experiences to come. I'll do my best to share them with you.


-Davis

5 comments:

  1. My friends !!!!!
    Can't believe what my eyes are reading. This is really amazing !!! I am envious now hahahaha
    You look like you're having a great deal of fun there. Wanna goooo :(
    Oh well, take care my friends y me train algo jajaj
    Saludos !
    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marinaaa!!!! Davisss!!!!!! we miss you a lot in MEX, enjoy your trip and keep posting everything jejeje Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you got to share the beginning of your trip with us. What a magic holiday we all had. No wonder why you're marveling at the houses and food that came after Como :) You two certainly know how to go from extreme to extreme!
    Take care. Be safe. And try to start thinking of maggots as protein.
    Alexandra Lamb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Davis and Marina,
    we have just been catching up on your blog, the experience must be amazing and even more special because you are sharing it with each other. Plenty to tell the grandchildren in years to come !!! we would just like to remind you (Davis) that we predicted you would be marrying Marina when we saw you in Canada. Do you actually have a date yet. Keep blogging looking forward to the next installment.
    All our Love,

    Sylvia, Frances & Barbara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Davis, Julie here, coming to you from Mexico.
    I am just now reading your blog, as I told you I would, and I am going to comment on the blogsite instead of sending you emails.

    Lake Como has got to be one of the most beautiful and romantic places in Italy. Would sure like to see more pics of that place. Would like to hear more about your experiences there too.

    Julie 2/17/2010

    ReplyDelete